CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

CHEWY LEMON BARS

Ok, so I am horrible at cooking and I would rather not do it at all, if it were not for my
WONDERFDUL HUSBAND!!
Then my family would starve or eat CEREAL (yuck)..
So where I work we have so many 101 Things to do with.... they are so easy and good, that even I a DUMMY in the kitchen can do. Food is not one of my favorite things unless it is easy to do.
So I will every Monday night post a new recipe that I my self have tried and enjoy, this will spark some food for my families little tummies.....
I hope you enjoy.

This recipe comes from 101 Things to do With a Cake Mix.
1 Lemon Cake Mix
1 Egg
1/2 Cup Butter, melted
3 3/4 Cups Powderded sugar
2 Eggs, beaten
8oz Cream Cheese, softened
1 tsp. Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together cake mix, egg, and butter. Spread into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
In a separate bowl, mix together powdered sugar, beaten eggs, softned cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth. Spread mixture over bottom layer

Bake 30-40 minutes, until top layer turns a light golden brown.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, those sound yummy. I am gonna have to try them. Thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

Oh thank you!! I HATE cooking too. I am a dummy in the kitchen, so this book sounds great. I have a few meals that I can do well, but I hate learning new things because I usually screw it up!
What a fun idea.