CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

SWEET MATTIE



Well my sweet Mattie left yesterday morning. I did pretty good crying wise, the flight attendants let me walk her on the plane and take a picture of her. I explained about her diabetes and they promised me that they would take the BEST CARE of her.
She text me when she landed then called me when she got off the plane and was with her dad.
OOH and for dad, he is doing a SUPER JOB!!!! Mattie had some LOW blood sugars and so dad pumped her full of sugary drinks, cookies, cake ect ect... so of course she got sick in the middle of the night, and he called me @ 1:30 am in a PANIC. I explained to him that when low and continuos low's then do frosting in the cheecks for a quicker high, and allow her to eat some bread or crackers to absorb the fluid.. he laughed and so did I.
Mattie is doing really well, Aaron is following the Care Plan for her and calling me with questions. I apologized for the trouble and he said "NO NO you do this all the time day in and day out, your amazing with her and he is glad that I give him the oppertunty to learn" WOW it is nice to be friends.
I will keep all posted on how she is doing.

1 comments:

Jill said...

That is great to hear things are going well! Yippee. Hopefully they will have a good time together and all will go well!
I'm sure you miss her like crazy, that is a hard thing to deal with! You're an awesome mom!!