CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Being the "OTHER" Parent

I am a STEP MOM!!!

I am not this:



So I thought.





I really try hard to not make my "Step kids" feel like they are mine and not just his!!


So things I do to make this happen:

1. Buy them school clothes and school supplies. I use equal money on all the kids.


2. Equal money spent on X-mas gifts.


3.Never call them my "STEP KIDS", they are my children and I love them.


4. Attend all parent teacher conf, and back to school night.


5. We pay our child support and for school lunches.


6. Paid for braces on both kids.


7. Paid for glasses and contacts.


8. Very active in the sports they play or things they like to do, and it goes on and on, not that I am saying I am super mom and all, but I really try hard to let them know I love them and the qualities they bring to the family.

So they are getting a older and it was a fight to have them come over sometimes, so Kev and I agreed to let them come over when they want to, as to making them be there. This was really hard for me to do. I wanted to see them all the time and do so much as a family, but I agreed and it has been pleasant. So here is why this kind of STEP MOM COMES OUT!!














So now, I am fed up with:
1. Naomi (mom) tells the kids that I am only Heidi not mom.
2. Does not let Callie call me more then twice a week.
3. Refuses to let them do homework @ our house, we will do it wrong.
4. Tells them that Kev and I love Mattie and Brohlen lots more since they live with us 24/7.
5. Wanted to take Callie and Mattie to Hannah Montana concert was told no she can't go, then took her herself.
6. Will not let the kids take the toys we bought them over the her house.
7. She now will not let me buy them school clothes, she told me this today,
8. When I did buy them she would hide them or throw them away.
9. If I tell her I am planning on doing something fun with the kids she will go out do it or not let them come with us.
10. Doesn't let them attend church with me.
on and on.................................
I Would not ever change anything in the world that I have done and not wanting to complain because I love my life, I am just tired of "PARENTS" being absolutely RIDICULOUS!! Get over it and move on, for the kids sake. Be happy that there is some one in your child's life that loves them and is willing to be there for them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geeze, tell us how you really feel!

Kacie said...

She sounds MEAN! That would be hard to deal with.

Becky said...

Yikes!! Good luck. It seems like she just needs to chill out.

Kari said...

I wonder who is the MEAN STEP parent here? I don't understand why people have to make it difficult for their children to love BOTH sets of parents. It's as if she wants them to choose 'sides.' Divorce can be hard and difficult but it doesn't have to be right? Sounds like you are trying everything to be the bigger person. Keep it up!
Kari

Jill said...

Oh Heidi, I am so sorry. That is a hard situation...you are only trying to make the best of it all and it bites you in the butt. Sounds like someone might be jealous? You are such an awesome person...showing those kids the love they deserve!